Thursday, 5 July 2012
Retro Sketches Challenge #18
Playing with some more sketch challenges! I love the clean and simple style in case you haven't noticed :-)
The Retro Sketches challenge blog has some very awesome and inspiring ideas, you really should check it out.
This card is made with all CTMH products, here is the list:
- Blush Cardstock
- Sweet Leaf Cardstock
- Flutter Paper Shapes
- Dotty for You Paper (grey dotted circles under the butterflies) this paper is no longer available
- Baker's Twine
- White Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), but could use Color-Ready Seam Binding
- Beautiful Friendship stamp set, at $9.95 this set is such a great value!
- I used Smoothie Ink and my trusty round sponge to ink the edges of the butterflies
- I used the Piercing Tool Kit to create the holes for the sewing and the clear Ruler's awesome quick quideline holes to space them just perfectly! I then used one of the needles from the piercing tool kit to sew the baker's twine through the guide holes.
- I used the corner rounder to round the top right corner of both the green card front and the pink card base , and then the green card front is attached to the card base with dimensional foam.
This is the inside of the card, I like adding just a little something to the inside of the card. The butterfly is sewn to the circle and then the circle is attached to the card with dimensional foam.
Thanks for looking, and remember to head over to the Retro Sketches blog to see more great ideas!