Classes

Dorothy's Creative Classes and Workshops
Click here for more information about my classes and workshops!

Monday 23 July 2012

Mini Album


We went to visit my inlaws this past week and I wanted to give them a little mini brag book to put on their coffee table.  I came up with this quick little book that stands on it's own so it becomes a display piece also.

I used the CTMH Cruising paper pack (which is only available until the end of July) to create this album.  Here are some instructions to build this quick and easy album yourself.

I started with one 12x12 sheet of black cardstock.  I cut it to give myself one piece at 5 x 12 inches and the other at 5 x 10 inches.

The 5 x 10 piece was scored at 5 inches and then folded in half.

The 5 x 12 piece was scored at 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5 and 7 inches.  Then I accordian folded it.

Then put glue in the middle fold, and glue the centre piece in.  Here are two pictures to help you understand what I'm talking about.



I then put some wax paper in between each section, closed it up and weighted it down so that the glued spine could dry flat.  

Once dry I decorated each page, ensuring to add at least one more layer of cardstock to make it nice and sturdy. I used glue for the whole book, to make it very sturdy.

Here are some pictures of the rest of the pages.




I hope I did an OK job explaining, please let me know if you have questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment