This week's challenge at H2H is a sketch challenge!
Here is my interpretation of the sketch, a page I did for my niece who is truly one of a kind!
Head on over to the H2H Challenge Blog to see the sketch and other Design Team interpretations of it.
I used three different techniques when creating the stamped images on this page.
- First, the two green butterflies (one light at one dark) are created from the same ink pad (Olive) The lighter coloured one was stamped after the darker one without re-inking the stamp. This is called second generation stamping.
- The large medalian has two techniques used, the darker blue centre of the stamp was stamped separately and cut out and then layered over the full stamp. The full stamp was inked with two different inks using the rock and roll technique, first I inked it all over with the Creme Brullee ink, then I rocked/rolled the stamp on the Twilight ink pad to get the twilight ink around the edge of the stamp. It gives a great muted colour effect! Just always make sure you do the lighter colour ink first, or you will ruin your stamp pads :-)
I can't wait see what YOU thought up for this fun challenge! To participate make sure you head over to the H2H Challenge blog and remember:
*Be sure to go back to the H2H Challenge blog and direct link to your challenge post so we can see your artwork!
*In order to enter a challenge, you must use CTMH products but your project does not have to be 100% CTMH. If you use something from another company, please consider including details in your project's description.
* You MUST mention H2H challenges in your blog post and a link back to us would be appreciated. Feel free to spread the word about our challenge blog by including our badge on your blog.
*Most importantly, have FUN creating - the Close To My Heart way!
*Our challenges are open to everyone! To enter, follow the challenge of the week and post your results to your personal blog or other online gallery.
CTMH Products used:
- Florentine Paper Pack
- Beautiful Friendship Stamp Set
- Olive Ink
- Twilight Ink
- Creme Brullee Ink
- Brown Bag Ink
- Bitty Opaque Pearl Adhesive Gems
- Opaque Pearl Adhesive Gems